My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, March 25, 2013

Midterm Monday

Welp. I had a Neuro midterm this morning. I'm pretty sure that as Dr. S is grading it, he's going to think that I'm such an idiot. I just know that it wasn't great, I didn't get in the kind of studying I had wanted to get in. It was just a crazy weekend. I mean we had boards last week and then some of us had black belt on Saturday (we go to the middle of nowhere Alabama to do eye exams all day). Don't get me wrong, I love giving back to the community and providing services for those who don't have an eye doc, but I would have really liked to have had the entire weekend off.

Since boards have been out I have been eating well and exercising daily (at least getting in my 10,000 steps if I don't make it to the gym). But I'm still maintaining at my current weight. Actually I'm pretty sure I have gained since two weeks ago at the last official BL weigh in. Which makes me very nervous for weigh in tomorrow, I just don't want my group penalized because I can't lose weight. I don't get it, I don't get why my body just isn't doing anything. I'm literally just maintaining. I just have to give it time I guess. I know that I probably actually gained some weight during boards, and I have just lost that, but I'm ready to get down below 220, I haven't been able to do that. I just can't break it. But oh well. Time takes care of everything. I have the time and ability to really focus now on exercise and eating clean since we don't have any big projects or exams for a while.

On a more positive note, I am getting in at least 10,000 steps a day. Some of it is thanks to the elliptical but still. I'm going to have to up the daily goal to 15,000 steps pretty soon. I do a lot of sitting at school, so I just have to make sure that I get up and move more.


I'm re-reading Anne of Green Gables right now since I have extra time on my hands, and I thought I'd share some Lucy Maud Montgomery words of wisdom:
“It will come sometime. Some beautiful morning she will just wake up and find it is Tomorrow. Not Today but Tomorrow. And then things will happen ... wonderful things.”  L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment