My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, March 11, 2013

Manic Mondays

Well today wasn't really manic at all. It was nice because my afternoon lab got moved to after boards and I got some studying in and a workout before our presentation. It would have been better if more than five of us had shown up to the presentation. Maybe if they had a door prize to win at each one, more participants would show up. Oh well, at least I am less scared to try a spinning class... maybe.

I have been tracking my weight on my own at home, but my scale is different than the one at the rec center. Mine says that I am down a little bit of weight, but tomorrow will tell and I will share after that. I was excited earlier today but right now I just feel a bit exhausted. It probably is just the stress from boards. I just want to hole up somewhere away from the world until next Thursday when it is all over. But you didn't come here to be brought down by me, you came here to be motivated. I'm trying to keep myself motivated. While working out this weekend at home, I turned myself into a drill sergeant, pushing myself to continue and push through. We have to be our own biggest cheerleader.

Ok well enough of that. I don't have a daily challenge to post today... Sorry, I didn't get one in my email either so we are both out of luck. But I personally challenged myself to not use the elevators at school. As a result my fitbit tells me that I climbed a total 24 floors today (the equivalent of the La Danta Pyramid). How about that?!

Exercise:
30 minutes on the elliptical
Strength training, nautilus equipment including: shoulder press, chest press, calf raises, squats, and much more.
I would have really liked to have had a group workout or even just a personal one on one workout today. I pushed through, but I feel like I could have done better, but I got out there and did something, so for that I am proud.

Meal plan:
Breakfast: fried egg, buttered multigrain english muffin, one slice bacon, banana
Snack am: banana
Lunch: tortellini, cucumber, mini babybel cheese
Snack pm: almonds
Dinner: salmon, edamame, crisp pink apple, cherry sugar free popsicle

Tune in tomorrow to see how I made it through the first weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment