My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 1... Again

Ok. So I'm starting the 30 day shred again. Level 1 Day 1. I'm not saying this is a New Year's Resolution, this is a life time resolution just to get more active every day. I have my fitbit that tracks my steps and I recruited a friend who already does twice as many steps as I do a day and I'm feeling a bit defeated already. I know that I can only blame myself for not getting enough steps in in a day and it's time I change that.
I'm making the commitment to get up every morning and at least do the 30 day shred. I feel so fat doing it. It makes me realize how out of shape I am, but if 400 lb people can do Jillian's workouts, then by golly so can I. I may modify it so that I can make it through, but I'm up and being active and honestly isn't that all that matters? That I'm up and doing it. It's like that quote about running: It doesn't matter how slow you go, you're already lapping everyone on the couch. The thing is, I can't compare myself to anyone else. I can only do what works for me and get to where I want/need to be. I just want to look in the mirror and not hate all the lumps and bumps and rolls. I want to look in the mirror and not hate myself for getting this way. I want it. I can get it. I can. I will. I have to. I just have to keep the motivation up.
Speaking of motivation... I have the fitbit and that will help. I also put up a calendar with milestone dates right by the fridge so that when I go into the kitchen to eat more food after dinner I can just look at the calendar and remind myself that summer will be here before you know it and I have a bikini from Victoria's Secret to cram my rolls into come June.
Keep tuned.

1 comment: