My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, April 27, 2015

Update to 21 day fix.

So back in September we started the 21 day fix. We got about 1.5 weeks in before neither of us were able to motivate each other any more. It was hard with the holiday season approaching and swim suit season over. So we stopped. Mom started her journey over at the beginning of the year (Jan) by doing P90X with her boyfriend and few coworkers at her work's gym. I started my journey again about March. I didn't take measurements again, I just starting doing the 21 day fix workouts and using myfitnesspal to log my calories. I did this for two weeks and then Aunt Flo came to town and that third week I was so tired (if you're a woman, you know exactly what I mean) so I decided to take that week off and start up fresh the following Monday. Guess what? I didn't start fresh again. I was still logging my food on myfitnesspal and my order of shakeology had come in the mail so I was doing that for one meal a day.

 Fast forward to the end of April and I'm still not following a routine. My two weeks of working out was in the mornings before work. The nice thing about my job is that my day doesn't start until 10am, but it lasts until 7pm. It was going great, I was feeling more energized but I'm finding it hard to get up in the mornings again after that one week of taking off. Which brings me to today. I woke up at 7am, I got up and ate my breakfast and about 740 I'm getting my shoes and heart rate monitor on and pushing play on my total body cardio fix workout. I'm not 2 minutes into the WARM UP and I've yawned 5 times!!!! I know what is coming up after the warm up... surrenders! And I'm thinking to myself, I can do this but maybe not right now. If I do it right now, sure I'll make it through but I'm definitely not going to push myself enough to feel any sort of benefit and I'd take lots of breaks. I know but I have tried before and I have ended up sitting on the floor watching the dvd instead of doing it. Because I know myself like this, I stopped the dvd and came upstairs to write this blog. I plan on getting in today's workout tonight when I get home and I'm going to get up in the morning and do tomorrows before work. I can do this, but right this second I'm too tired. I have always done my best at the end of the day. I hate getting up early - I don't know if my brain just isn't awake or what but I hate working out in the morning but if I don't I'd make excuses to not fit it in in the evenings.

Anyway, Mom wanted to take measurements back at the beginning of the month and I never got around to posting them. Here we go:


       Starting 9-23-14    As of 4-9-15
Weight:        243.7        233.0
Chest:          43             44
R Arm:        15             15
L Arm:        14             15
Waist:          39             37.5
Hips:           52.5           51
R Thigh:      29             29
L Thigh:      28             29

I weighed in this morning at 230.2 lbs. I am slowly getting there. By adjusting a few things at a time, I'm working on it. I'm making a lifestyle and change and it's hard to change certain habits we are get into, and I'm going to fall off the wagon, the important thing is that I acknowledge what I'm doing wrong and what I'm doing right and adjust from there. My ultimate goal is to get to 170 lbs, but my short term goal for the end of summer is 220. I have 10 pounds and I'm giving myself a goal of getting it done by July 31. If I get there early, then I'll make it another 10 pounds in ten weeks. Short term goals work better for me.

Mom's measurements so that I don't lose them again (cause I lost her September measurements... whoops)
Weight 214.2
Chest 43
R arm 14.5
L arm 15
Waist 36
Hips 48
R thigh 27.5
L thigh 27.5

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment